2021 application open for Advanced Transportation and Congestion Management Technologies (ATCMTD) Program• < 1 min read
The Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) released ATCMTD, which provides $60M in funding for intelligent transportation systems and other large transportation technology projects.
On June 22nd, the Federal Highway Administration released the 2021 application for the Advanced Transportation and Congestion Management Technologies (ATCMTD) Program. ATCMTD provides $60M in funding for intelligent transportation systems (ITS) and other advanced technologies that can provide the following benefits:
- Reduced traffic-related fatalities and injuries
- Reduced traffic congestion
- Reduced transportation-related emissions
- Optimized multimodal system performance
- Improved access to transportation alternatives
- Public access to real time traffic and transit information
- Cost savings to transportation agencies, businesses, and the traveling public
The program focuses on funding early deployments of forward-looking technologies that can serve as national models. As with other Biden Administration efforts, this year’s ATCMTD program will prioritize projects that focus on racial equity and sustainability. This year’s focus areas include:
- Climate change and environmental justice impacts
- Racial equity and barriers to opportunity
- Integration of intelligent transportation systems with the Smart Grid
- Advanced public transportation systems (including demand responsive transit services)
- Freight community systems
- Rural opportunities to use transportation for economic success (ROUTES)
- Complete trip programs
ATCMTD projects can receive up to 50% federal funding at a maximum grant award of $12M. Whether you’re hoping to build an intelligent transportation system, address congestion pricing, or bring advanced sharing technology to a rural demand response system, Via can partner with you to create a compelling application for an ATCMTD grant.
Please reach out to email@example.com to get started. Applications are due on August 23rd.
See more alerts here and click the button below to receive our newsletter, with new funding alerts included every month.