Safety is our utmost priority. We do not tolerate inappropriate, threatening, or violent behavior by anyone using the Via Platform or towards any riders or driver partners.
- Via has a strict Zero Tolerance policy. Drivers are prohibited from driving on the Via Platform while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Via has a strict "no weapons" policy. Riders and drivers are prohibited from carrying weapons while in a vehicle operating on Via’s Platform. While we understand that certain weapons may be lawfully carried under state or local regulations, we prohibit them on our Platform to ensure everyone’s safety and comfort.
- Seat belts help keep everyone safe. They should be worn at all times when riding or driving on the Via Platform.
- Riders and drivers should abide by COVID protocols mandated by Via, local, state, and federal authorities regarding public transportation.
- Riders and drivers should abide by all applicable laws, including observing the posted speed limit, parking regulations, and other rules of the road.
- If traveling with a child who uses a booster or car seat, please bring the appropriate seat. Riders are solely responsible for the selection, installation, securement, and removal of any booster or car seat.
- For the safety of drivers and riders, vehicles may be equipped with video recording devices that record video of the inside and the outside of the vehicle.
Transportation is a great equalizer — it removes barriers to good jobs, quality healthcare, and educational opportunities for all. Respect for one another is paramount — before, during, and after a ride.
- Via maintains an Anti-Discrimination Policy. We do not tolerate discrimination of any kind against our riders or driver partners. This includes discrimination on the basis of protected classes (such as race, color, national origin, religious belief or affiliation, gender, sex, sexual identity or orientation, age, veteran status, disability), or any rider’s points of departure and destination.
- Federal law prohibits driver partners from denying service to a rider with a service animal. Allergies or fear of dogs are not valid reasons for denying access. Service animals must be under the control of their owners at all times.
- Avoid personal conversations and keep topics light. Respect a driver or rider’s request not to engage in conversation during a ride.
The Via experience.
Our riders, driver partners, and communities are the reason we do what we do. Let’s work together to make every ride as enjoyable as possible.
- Riders are prohibited from consuming alcohol or drugs inside the vehicle. Riders are also prohibited from using the vehicle to transport illegal substances or open containers. Smoking is not permitted during any ride.
- For safety and efficiency, drivers cannot take a rider to a destination that is not requested through the Via app. If a rider needs to change their destination after starting their ride, they must contact Via Support to request a change.
- Children under 13 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Help keep the vehicles clean for your fellow passengers and drivers. Avoid eating or drinking (other than water) while in the vehicle.
- For a smooth ride for your driver and fellow passengers please keep cell phone calls to a minimum.
- Damaging a vehicle or the personal property of a driver or another rider is not tolerated.
- Remember, a shared vehicle can only fit so much — please only bring bags and other objects that you can carry and load yourself. Rule of thumb: whatever you bring with you should not interfere with other passengers’ ability to enter, exit, and ride in the vehicle.
Failure to adhere to these guidelines may result in account restrictions, up to and including permanent suspension of access to the Via Platform.